Sunday, January 31, 2010

January has ended (nearly)







It is 31 January 2010 - how time flies when you're having fun!
We have just got back from a wonderful weekend at Sandy point with Kim, Jac, Clare and Simon. We cooked a thai meal last night and ate out on the paved side of the house, under the shelter of the new roof Paul installed last weekend. Today was probably my best day's surfing. I haven't been in such big waves before, it was fantastic. The tennis men's final is on, and I'm wondering whether I can stay up to watch it (it is only 8.15pm!) but I am exhausted from surfing today. Attached are a few recent photos - excuse the spider - I had to put it on here. It was an unwelcome visitor to our house - it was on the ceiling of the car port and was very very big!!!! Not at all nice! Don't let it put any of you off coming to visit. This is a huntsman, but we don't see them very often. On a more pleasant note, Paul was kitesurfing at Shallow Inlet this morning and was sharing the water with a very big seal! The photo at the top left is a view of the building we live in - it was taken from the jetty at Sandringham Yacht Club.